February of every year is National Arts Month in the Philippines. Then President Corazon C. Aquino made this declaration in 1991 via Presidential Decree 683. For two decades the NCCA has been supporting various local projects and special events during National Arts Month to showcase the best of the Philippine artistic and cultural scene.
In 2009, the NCCA elevated what has been a national undertaking into a consolidated international event that is the Philippine Arts Festival (PAF). PAF is the NCCA’s contribution to the celebration of National Arts Month. Its tagline is “Ani ng Sining”, and the festival has proven through the years that is indeed a harvest for the arts.
Ani ng Dangal or A”Harvest of Honors” is an annual affair in the Philippines celebrated as a highlight and concluding rite of the Philippine Arts Festival, which is graced by the President of the Philippines at the Malacañan Palace.
The Ani ng Dangal is given to a natural-born Filipino artist or group that has reaped top honors in international events. Its coverage includes the seven art disciplines:
Architecture and Allied Arts
The Official List of Awardees of the 2013 Ani ng Dangal Awards
(There are 45 recipients for this year)
Architecture and Allied Arts
• Architect Abelardo Tolentino Jr., Aidea Philippines, Inc.
• Kenneth Cobonpue, “Cabaret Sofa”
• Adrian Sibal “The Rivals”
• Auraeus Solito “Busong”
• Brillante Mendoza “Thy Womb”
• Charles Andrew Flamiano “Letting Go, Letting God”
• Christopher Gozum “Anacbuana”
• Eduardo Roy Jr. “Bahay Bata”
• John Paul Su “Pagpag”
• Lav Diaz “Florentinahubaldo CTE”
• Lawrence Fajardo “Posas”
• Marlon Rivera “Ang Babae sa Septic Tank”
• Marty Syjuco “Give Up Tomorrow”
• Nora Aunor “Thy Womb”
• Shamaine Buencamino “Niño”
• Will Fredo “The Caregiver”
• Engr. Jaime Sumugat Singlador
• George Tapan
• Jamia Mei Tolentino
• Jamille Bianca Aguilar
• Joel C. Forte
• Jophel Ybiosa
• Trisha Co Reyes
• Candice Adea
• Irina Feleo (Bayanihan Philippine National Folk Dance Company)
• Lloyd Callangan (Bayanihan Philippine National Folk Dance Company)
• Halili Cruz Ballet Company
• The Crew
• Peter De Guzman “Ang Romansa ni Magno Rubio”
• Romulo Baquiran, Jr.
• Arwin Tan
• Baao Children Chorus
• Edgardo “Ed” Lumbera Manguiat
• Joseleo Ciballos Logdat
• Miriam College High School Glee Club
• Muntinlupa Science High School Chorale
• Novo Concertante Manila Choir
• Samiweng Singers, Ilocos Norte National High School (INNHS)
• University of the Philippines Singing Ambassadors
• UP Concert Chorus
Multi-Disciplinary Arts 4
• BBDO Guerrero,
• Kara David, i-Witness, GMA 7
• Sarah Geronimo
• Wansapanataym. ABS-CBN Corporation
The memorabilia of the awardees (trophies, medals, posters etc.) are currently on exhibit at the NCCA Gallery, NCCA Bldg. 633 Gen. Luna St., Intramuros, Manila. The exhibit will be until the end of February, entrance is free.
2 thoughts on “2013 Ani ng Dangal Awards: Recognizing World Class Filipino Talent”
would anyone know kung anong name nung photobooth dun sa event? or kung may website sila?
The Fun Machine Photo Booth yun Maam Cathy. You can check them out thru their FB page: The Fun Machine Photo Booth